Pages

Friday 1 March 2013

March book of the month

As regular readers know, I am an ambassador for Barefoot Books . Barefoot have lots of amazing books for children and I will be highlighting one as book of the month, that I think you and your little ones would love. Once again I was spoilt for choice this month, especially as we have launched our gorgeous new book ' The girl with a brave heart ' : a book about a young girl having the strength to overcome a lot of difficulties in her life. I will write up a review of the book for you all to read in the next few days as I have decided to go with a book more in tune with the season, ' The Beeman '. This book is ideal for spring and summer and could even be a great gift for your little one this Easter. I chose  ' The Beeman ' as I have picked a copy up again this week when once of my team members told me she was making the recipe, featured in the book, for  Grandma's honey apple muffins to help celebrate Fairtrade Fortnight.


In this beautifully illustrated book, you will find out where honey comes from as Grandpa the Beeman teaches the basics of beekeeping to his young grandson. This rhyming story includes endnotes full of essential facts about bees, beekeeping, honey and the vital part that bees play in the natural world. To enhance your storytelling, we also have a gorgeous bee hand puppet that I am sure will bring a lot of fun to you all!


Like the look of this ? Take a further look at Barefoot Books and get 20% off your first order using the code TWENTY13 at checkout, including all our weekly dazzling deals and sale items.


No comments:

Post a Comment