Pages

Wednesday 26 September 2012

Big Kids

It appears that we have skipped autumn and headed straight into a dreary winter, judging by the abundance of rain we have seen over the last few days. The doom and gloom will probably have made us all dive head first into our winter wardrobe and rush out to buy the 70 deniers. For most of us, a winter wardrobe consists of sensible knits, warm colours and often clothes that are not too pleasing on the eye but that keep us cosy. Personally, whilst I like a good jumper, I always try to keep a little bit of colour in my winter wardrobe; no crazy summer prints but a few key pieces that can bring a smile to a dreary day. As a mum, it can be easy to fall into the practical options when it comes to fashion but I think most of us still have a little bit of child in us somewhere, well I know I do. I am not encouraging us to all go out and buy clothes that make us look like mutton, as the old saying goes, nor do I want every mummy to look like they have just stepped of the ' show me, show me ' set, but I do think that we can always bring a bit of fun to our wardrobe. For those who are brave, coloured skinny jeans add a slash of colour and for the not so brave a quirky pendant can go a long way. Owls have been the ' in thing ' for a while now but foxes are making a big presence at the moment, so grab yourself a fun scarf or hat like the one below. For a bit of vintage fun, look around for a printed T shirt like the minnie mouse one featured, there should be lots about at the minute on the high street but why not have a look around your local charity to make it extra cheep and cheerful. For all out big kids, take a look at the fabulous Rooby skirts, for a huge selection of retro delights and for the more demure pop along to Poppy children for the most amazing tea dresses that will bring you compliments galore. For me, clothes, fashion and make up allow people to show off a bit of their personality and have fun with different sides of their character, so if you have a big kid somewhere inside, why not let her out!


Susan Caplan for ASOS necklace
Fox hat by Dorothy Perkins 
Yellow Jeans by Uniqlo
Doodle Skirt by Rooby
Minnie T- shirt by Beyond Retro
Seaside dress by Poppy Children







No comments:

Post a Comment