Pages

Friday 30 March 2012

International children's book day



April 2nd celebrates international children's book day.  The day celebrates the wonderful world of children's books and the love of reading. As a Barefoot Books ambassador I am excited about new ways we can all reach out to help mums and children read more. Reading is a huge passion of mine, a passion that I have had for as long as I can remember. Getting lost in a book and dreaming of plots and characters takes me to all kinds of wonderful places, where I think everybody should visit. As a new mummy, I want my daughter to share my passion and I hope that I can help other children learn to love books too.

ICBD is organised by the International Board of Books for Young people, with a different country leading each year. This years sponsor is Mexico and the theme is ' once upon a time, there was a story that the whole world told '. With that in mind, and the fact that ICBD is held on Hans Christian Anderson's birthday, here are a few Barefoot titles that can help celebrate.





Visit my Facebook page for up to date info on lots of new titles and offers www.facebook.com/deborahgiannasibarefoot


No comments:

Post a Comment